• 800 gm plain flour
• 200 gm walnuts, powdered coarsely
• 2 tbsp cocoa powder
• 500 gm sugar, powdered
• 500 gm solidified Dalda Ghee
• 1/4 tsp baking powder
• 1-2 tbsp warm Milk if required
• 1/2 cup broken bits of chocolate
- If ghee is not solidified, then refrigerate for some time. Take in a large deep plate and rub in circular direction with a flat palm.
- Rub enough to make ghee white, fluffy and light.
- Sieve baking powder and cocoa powder with flour.
- Add sugar to ghee and mix till light.
- Fold in sieved flours and walnut powder till well mixed.
- Sprinkle some milk if dough seems too dry to hold.
- Mix with a light hand.
- Do not knead too much or make dough gooey.
- Coarse dough will make better and lighter cookies.
- Shape in small rounds and arrange on baking sheet.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C before putting in cookies.
- Press chocolate bit on each cookie in centre.
- Bake at 180 degrees C for 7-8 minutes or till very light golden.
- Remove and cool on a wire mesh or rack till completely cooled.
- Store in airtight container in dry place.
Recipe courtesy of Saroj Kering