• 1 cup plain flour
• 3 Egg yolks
• 3 Egg whites
• 2 tbsp. melted Butter (if you use salted, miss out the salt)
• 1 pinch of salt
• 1 cup of Milk
• Â½ cup of water
- Beat egg whites until they reach a peak. Place in the refrigerator.
- In a mixing bowl, blend flour, egg yolks, salt, milk and water.
- Cover mixture with damp cloth, let it rest for two hours.
- Blend mixture with egg whites and butter. Over a medium high heat, bring butter six inch pan to sizzle.
- Ladle a little butter into frying pan. Tilt and rotate such that batter covers surface evenly. Pour any excess batter back into bowl.
- Fry crepes lightly until brown on both sides.
- For immediate use: Cover crepes with foil and keep warm in low oven or place crepes on plate, separate each crepe with a piece of foil or kitchen paper. At this stage, you can freeze them for reheating at a later date.
- Fill your crepes with lots of yummy fillings such as strawberries and ice cream, bananas and chocolate sauce or a ready prepared pie filling.
- Top off with fresh cream and nuts. Donâ€™t worry about the calories right now because these are just heaven !