• 1.5 cups – whole Wheat pastry flour
• 3 tbsp – Sugar
• 1.5 tsp – baking powder
• 1/4 tsp – salt
• Mix the dry ingredients well and set aside.
• 1.5 cups – soy Milk
• 2 tbsp – flaxseed meal mixed with 6 tbsp water
• 3 tbsp – Canola Oil
• 1 tsp – vanilla extract (optional)
- Mix together the wet ingredients and add to the dry. Mix gently until the dry ingredients are just moistened. There should be some lumps remaining in the batter.
- Heat a non-stick or cast-iron griddle.
- Smear lightly with a few drops of canola oil.
- Pour about 1/4 cup of the batter on the griddle and let it cook until bubbles appear at the top of the pancake and the underside is golden-brown.
- Flip over with a spatula and cook the other side until it is lightly browned.
- Serve hot with a pat of vegan spread and maple syrup.
- Recipe courtesy: Holy Cow Vegan