• 1 litre – whole Milk
• 2 tbsp – saboodana grains
• 1/2 cup – Sugar
• 1/2 cup – water
• 1/2 tsp – Cardamom powder
• 8-10 threads – Saffron
• 5 – Almonds (chopped or crushed coarsely)
• 5 – Pistachios (chopped or crushed coarsely)
- Bring milk to a boil, keep aside. Wash saboodana gently, sprinkle some water over it.
- Cover and keep aside for 15-20 minutes at least.
- Take a large deep vessel.
- Add saboodana and water.
- Heat while stirring continuously.
- Once it starts to boil, add hot milk.
- Bring back to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Add sugar, simmer stirring occasionally, for 5-7 minutes.
- Press a grain of saboodana and check to see if it is done.
- When pressed firmly between thumb and finger it should mash.
- Now add all other ingredients, stir.
- Serve hot a filling wholesome food, or as a steaming hot sweet dish.
Recipe courtesy of Sify Bawarchi