• 8 pieces broiler Chicken (washed)
• 20 to 15 peppercorns
• 6 black Cardamoms
• 4 large onions, sliced
• 4 tbsp – ground ginger-garlic
• 2 cups – rice, picked, washed and soaked
• 1 large stick Cinnamon
• 15 Cloves
• 4 cups – water
• 5 tbsp – oil
• Green chillies to taste (sliced)
• salt to taste
- Into a large, microwave-safe dish, put the first 8 ingredients.
- Microwave covered at 100% power for 10 minutes.
- Let stand 5 minutes, and then remove chicken pieces from the stock.
- Lightly heat the oil in a kadai on the gas. Add the onions.
- Fry till a light brown then add half the ginger and garlic and fry till golden brown.
- Add the chicken pieces and fry till lightly browned.
- Add the rest of the ginger garlic and saute for 5 minutes.
- In a large microwave-safe dish add the stock, browned chicken, drained rice and chillies.
- Microwave uncovered at 100% power for 12 minutes or till the rice has steamy holes on top.
- Reduce power level to 50% and continue to cook covered for 6 minutes.
- Stand 5-7 minutes before serving.
Recipe courtesy of Anita Raheja