• 4 cups – whole-wheat flour
• 2 cups – Sugar
• 1.5 cups – Ghee
• 1 tsp – Cardamom powder
• 2 tbsp – slivered Almonds
• 1 tbsp – chopped cashews
• 1 tbsp – Raisins (optional)
• 1 tsp – chironji, lightly broken
- Melt ghee in a large pan.
- Add wheat flour and stir continuously over a low flame, till light brown.
- Meanwhile, prepare sugar syrup.
- Syrup is ready when it forms a soft ball when a little is put into cold water
- Take syrup off the fire, add all the other ingredients.
- Mix well and shape into laddoos of desired size.
- Cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
Recipe courtesy of Sify Bawarchi