• 4 cups – chakki fresh atta
• 2 tbsp – Ghee
• 2 level tsp – salt
• Ghee for shallow frying
- Sieve together atta and salt.
- Rub in 4 tbsp ghee and knead to a smooth dough, adding water gradually while kneading.
- Divide the dough into 12 equal balls.
- Stretch the balls and roll into the shape of rope, 12 inches in length.
- Apply a little ghee on one side of the dough rope.
- Hold one end of the dough and, moving your hand in a clockwise direction, make a coil.
- The side with the ghee should be towards the inside of the coil.
- Flatten each coil by pressing down with your fingers.
- Roll out the coils into parathas and shallow fry each paratha until cooked and golden brown on both sides.