• 2 – apples (sour)
• Tamarind juice extracted from Lemon sized ball
• 4 tsp – Sambar Powder (MTR)
• A pinch of Asafoetida
• 1 – Onion, cut into slices
• 1 – Green chilli
• 1 Cup – toor dal, cooked
- Peel the apples and cut into small cubes. Soak in lemon juice for 30 mins.
- Heat 2 tsps of oil in pan, add mustard and cumin seeds.
- Then add onions and fry till they turn brown.
- Add green chillies, tamarind juice, and sambar powder.
- Boil this mixture for 5 mins.
- Add the apple cubes and continue boiling for another 5 mins.
- Add the cooked dal and boil for another 5 mins.
- Add salt, coriander leaves and lower the heat to sim for 10 mins. Serve hot.
Recipe courtesy of Patchaiyappan