• 1 large – baingan
• 1 – small Onion
• 7 flakes – Garlic
• 1/2 inch – Ginger
• 2 – Green chillies
• 1/2 cup – grated fresh Coconut
• A few – Curry leaves
• Oil – 1 tsp
• Mustard Seed -1/2 tsp
• Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
• Salt to taste
- Roast brinjal on a gas stove, directly and when the skin wrinkles remove and scrape off the skin after cooling.
- Cut the brinjal and mash it with the back of a ladle.
- Meanwhile, in a pan heat some oil, crackle mustard seeds, and add the chopped chillies, garlic, ginger, onion and curry leaves.
- When the onions change colour, add the salt and turmeric powder, saute it well.
- Now add the mashed brinjal and mix well.
- Add the grated coconut and mix well.
- Cover it with the lid and cook for 4 more mins.
Recipe courtesy of Sify Bawarchi