• 4 – zucchinis, firm and healthy
• 1 – onion, grated
• 1 – tomato, large peeled and chopped
• 5 tbsp – bread crumbs
• 1/4 tsp – Garlic crushed
• Salt to taste
• Pepper to taste (freshly ground)
• 1 tbsp – Olive oil
• 3 tbsp – parmesan or cooking cheese grated
- Scrape zucchini skins and wash.
- Make a slit lengthwise and scrape out fleshy part.
- Place plenty of water to boil. Add some salt.
- Put in the zucchini and boil 2-3 minutes.
- Drain them and keep aside.
- In a pan, heat oil, fry onions and garlic for a minute.
- Add tomato, scraped pulp, 2 tbsp bread crumbs, salt, pepper.
- Transfer to a baking dish.
- Sprinkle the remaining crumbs and cheese over the zucchini.
- Bake in a hot oven for 10-12 mins.
- Serve hot with pita or other bread.
Recipe courtesy of Saroj Kering