• 1 cup – besan
• 1 cup – grated Coconut
• 1 cup – Ghee
• 1 cup – Milk
• 3 cups – Sugar
- Pour a little ghee (1 tbsp) in a kadai. Add besan and fry it for 5 minutes on a low flame. Keep aside.
- Now fry the grated coconut on a low flame till it is very light brown. Keep it aside.
- Next, put the besan, coconut, sugar and ghee together and mix well.
- Finally add milk to it and mix properly.
- Now pour this whole mixture in a kadai on a medium flame and stir continuously till the mixture leaves the sides of the vessel.
- Pour the mixture on a plate greased with ghee and allow it to cool for 2 minutes.
- You can cut it in a square or diamond shape.
- Allow the barfi to set for half an hour.
Recipe courtesy of Arudra