Basundi is a milk based Gujarati dessert recipe. Basundi is similar to rabdi, but is lesser sweet. Basundi is made during festivals and other special occasions. In my family we usually made basundi on navratri, Diwali and dashera. Basundi is time consuming recipe; it takes 1 to 1.30 hours to make. Cardamom flavoured basundi tastes best and can be eat any time.
– 1 liter full fat milk
– 2 cup sugar
– 1 teaspoon cardamom (eliachi) powder
– 1 tablespoon chopped almonds
– 1 tablespoon chopped cashews
– 1 tablespoon chopped pistachios
– A pinch of saffron strands
How To Make?
1. Take a non-stick pan and pour milk in the pan.
2. Keep the pan on heat and let the milk boil over MEDIUM flame.
3. Now, when the milk starts boiling, reduce the heat flow and let the milk simmer until it’s reduced to three fourths of its original quantity. Stir in between.
4. Now, add sugar, saffron strands and cardamom powder to milk and cook it for 10 minutes. Keep stirring continuously.
5. Remove the pan from the heat.
6. Put basundi into refrigerator for 1-2 hours.
7. Garnish Basundi with pistachio, almonds, cashews and serve chilled.
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 1 Hours
Servings: 4 Persons