• 1 cup – beet root, peeled and chopped
• 1 cup – Bottle Gourd (ghiya), peeled and chopped
• 1/2 cup – chopped Onion
• 1/2 cup – chopped Tomato
• 1/2 cup – potato, peeled and chopped
• 1/2 tsp – Sugar
• Salt to taste
• 1/4 tsp – powdered black pepper
• Chopped coriander leaves, for garnishing
- Place the beetroot, bottle gourd, onion, tomato and potato with two cups of water in a pan.
- Bring to a boil and then simmer till all the vegetables are soft.
- Cool and blend in a blender. Strain through a sieve.
- Add sugar, salt and black pepper.
- Serve hot or chilled garnished with the cream and coriander leaves.