• 2 packets – Salted biscuits (like krackjack or monaco)
• 1 – Cucumber, very thinly sliced
• Fine sev, a little
• Cheese slices
• 5-6 Peppercorns, coarsely ground
• 1 – Medium Potato, boiled
• 1 Medium Tomato, finely chopped
• Chaat masala
• A few coriander leaves, finely chopped or Oregano seasoning
- Lay out the biscuits on a serving tray.
- Use any of the combination of toppings to top your biscuits.
- Topping one: Cut cheese slices to the size of the biscuit, top with a mixture of finely chopped tomatoes mixed with pepper.
- Topping two: Place a thin slice of cucumber on the biscuit. Sprinkle fine sev on it and it is ready to eat.
- Topping three: Cube the boiled potato or mash it and mix in the chaat masala. Take a little potato mixture, garnish with a few coriander leaves or any herbal seasoning. Top your biscuit with it.
- Other toppings can be: Boiled sweet corn and cheese, onion and green chutney or any sauce, paneer and chutney etc.
- These not only make a great tea time snack and a party appetizer, but are also very kid friendly so even children can make them and have fun experimenting with different toppings.
Recipe courtesy of vidya