• Bread slices – 8
• Boiled Potatoes – 2
• Green chillies – 2
• Mustard Seeds -1/2 tsp
• Curry leaves – a few
• Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
• Gram Flour – 5-6 tbsp
• Oil for frying
• Salt as per taste
• Red Chilli powder as per taste
• Baking soda – one pinch
- Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds and allow to crackle, then add curry leaves and finely chopped green chillies.
- Add turmeric powder and stir.
- Now add boiled and mashed potatoes and salt. Mix well and stir for 2-3 minutes.
- Mix gram flour with water, salt, red chilli powder and soda to make a fine batter.
- Top one slice of bread with the potato filling, cover with another slice and cut this into four equal squares.
- Dip them in the gram flour batter and deep fry in oil.
- Serve hot with green chutney or tomato sauce. You can also enjoy this with hot tea.
Recipe courtesy of Preeti