• Bread slices-6
• Thick Curd – 2 cups
• Urad Dal -1/3 cup
• Red Chilli powder and salt according to taste
• A handful of cut green coriander
• Oil for deep frying
- Soak the urad dal in water for an hour. Grind the dal to a paste.
- Add the required salt to the above paste and mix thoroughly.
- Remove the sides of the bread and then soak the bread in a small amount of water. Squeeze out the extra water.
- Add chilli powder and required salt and mash it.
- Now, make balls from the above soaked and squeezed bread. (If you squeeze the water completely, then it will be difficult to make balls).
- Dip each bread ball in the urad-dal paste so that it is completely coated and deep fry the balls to golden brown colour. Put it on a plate.
- Now, beat the curd without adding water. Pour the beaten curd over the bread vadai. Garnish with cut coriander.
- This goes well with a hot and sweet chutney.
Recipe courtesy of Saraswathi