• 1 kg Pork with lard – cut into medium pieces
• 3 big onions, sliced finely
• 3 big tomatoes, pureed
• 1 tbsp cumin powder
• 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
• 1 tsp mustard powder
• 3 tsp chilli powder
• 1 tsp pepper powder
• 2 tbsp Garlic paste
• 1 cup Vinegar
• 2 tbsp oil
• Salt to taste
- Marinate the pork with the salt, vinegar, chilli powder, cumin powder, pepper powder, mustard powder, turmeric powder and garlic paste for about an hour.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker and fry the onions till golden brown.
- Add the marinated pork and fry for a little while.
- Now, add the tomato puree and keep frying for some more time.
- Now, add sufficient water and pressure cook for 15 minutes till the meat is well cooked.
- Serve hot with rice or bread.
- Recipe courtesy: Anglo-Indian Recipes
Recipe courtesy of Bridget White-Kumar