• Bread – 1 loaf
• Sour Butter milk – 1 cup
• Onion (large) – 1, chopped
• Tomato (large) – 1, chopped
• Green Coriander leaves for garnishing, finely chopped
• Green chilli – 2-4
• Black pepper powder as required
• Salt to taste
• Ghee – 2 tbsp
- Cut the edges and soak the bread slices in butter milk.
- Add salt and give a soft grinding in a mixer to make a smooth dough (dropping consistency like dosa atta).
- Heat a frying pan and pour ghee.
- Spread some dough evenly in the shape of uthappam. Sprinkle chopped onions, tomatoes, coriander leaves, green chillies, pepper powder and a little ghee.
- Press the masala evenly on the uthappam and allow it to turn brown.
- Flip to the other side and cook the same way.
- Serve hot with coconut chutney.
Recipe courtesy of Geetha