• 1 cup- Chopped Broccoli (more of crown, less of stems)
• 1/2 tsp- Jeera (Cumin Seeds)
• 1/2 tsp- Rai (Mustard seeds)
• 1 tsp- Chopped fresh Garlic
• 1 tsp- Grated fresh Ginger
• 1/4 tsp- Haldi (Turmeric powder)
• 2 pinches- Asafoetida (Hing)
• 3 tsp- Grated green chillies/serrano peppers
• 1/2 tsp- Garam Masala
• 1/2 tsp- Salt
• 1/2 tsp- Dhaniya-jeera powder
• 1/4 tsp- Red Chilli powder
• 1 pinch black pepper powder
• 1/4 tsp- Dry Mango powder(Amchur)
- Chop the broccoli stems finely, then add the floret part and chop everything together. (Tip: chopping broccoli in a chopper cuts it really fine, which improves the taste of the vegetable.)
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a non-stick pan (kadai).
- Add jeera and rai. When it splutters, add ginger, garlic, and green chillies and cook until brown.
- Add hing and haldi.
- Add the chopped broccoli and fry in medium-high heat for 5 minutes.
- When slightly brown, add salt and mix.
- Fry for another 1 or 2 minutes and add all the other masalas.
- Add amchur in the end and mix it. Immediately switch off the gas.
Recipe courtesy of Suman Mehta