• 1/2 piece – whole Broccoli
• 2 tbsp – Walnuts
• 2 tbsp – Olive oil
• 1 tbsp – Lemon juice
• 3 Cloves – garlic, grated
• 1 tbsp – parmigiano reggiano cheese
• 1 tbsp – parsley, chopped finely
• 300 g – Pasta
• Salt and Pepper – to taste
- Steam the broccoli for 10 minutes.
- Save 3 to 4 florets of broccoli, to mix with the pasta.
- Add the remaining, to a food processor along with the lemon juice, olive oil, walnuts, garlic and parsley.
- Pulse it and puree it.
- As the motor runs slowly, add the parmigiana cheese and puree it.
- Cook the pasta in boiling water, until it is fully cooked.
- Drain the water completely.
- Toss it with olive oil. Add pesto, salt, pepper, the remaining broccoli and mix it well.
- Recipe courtesy: Taste of Pearl City
Recipe courtesy of Ayeesha Riaz