• 4 tbsps – cooking oil
• 1 – large onion, finely sliced
• 2 – fresh green chillies, sliced lengthwise
• 3 – Cinnamon sticks, each 2 inch long
• 1 – large potato, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
• 1/2 tsp – Turmeric
• 1/2 tsp – chilli powder
• 125 ml – warm water
• 1 – small white cabbage, finely shredded
• 1 tsp – salt, or to taste
• 1 tbsp – chopped coriander leaves.
- Heat the oil over medium heat and fry the onions, green chillies and cinnamon sticks until the onions are soft (about 5 minutes).
- Add the potatoes, stir-fry on low heat for 6-8 minutes. Then stir in the turmeric and chilli powder.
- Add the water and bring it to boil. Cover the pan and simmer until the potatoes are half cooked (6-8 minutes).
- Add the cabbage and salt, stir and mix well.
- Lower the heat to minimum setting, cover the pan and cook until the vegetables are tender (cabbage should not be mushy).
- The finished dish should be fairly moist but not runny. If there is too much liquid left in the pan, take the lid off and cook till the liquid evaporates.
- Stir in the coriander leaves and remove the pan from heat.
Recipe courtesy of Kamni