• 1 lb -finely chopped Cabbage
• 1/2 cup- toor Dhal or moong Dhal
• 1/2 tsp -mustard seeds
• 1/2 tsp -cumin seeds
• 1 Clove – Garlic
• 2 tbsp- oil
- Soak dhal for 1 hour. Afterwards boil it in 1.5 cups of water until very soft and keep it aside. (Do not pressure cook the dhal).
- Add mustard, cumin seeds and garlic paste to oil and let this splutter.
- Add finely chopped cabbage and mix it well.
- Close the vessel and allow it boil for 6 to 8 minutes on a medium flame and keep stirring occasionally.
- When cabbage turns soft, add dhal, salt and mix well.
- Add some more water and allow it to boil for another 7 to 8 minutes with the vessel closed. This goes very well with chapati.
Recipe courtesy of Surabhi