• fresh Carrots – 2
• Potatoes – 2
• Fenugreek seeds – 1 tsp
• Cumin seeds – 1 tbsp
• Turmeric powder – 1 pinch
• oil for stir frying
• peppercorn as required
• Curry leaves – a few
• salt to taste
• Black pepper powder – to taste
- Wash and peel potatoes. Cut them into small cubes. Wash carrots and cut them into pieces to match potatoes. Dry roast peppercorn and cumin seeds and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add fenugreek seeds and curry leaves and allow to splutter.
- Then add the potato and carrot pieces, turmeric, and salt, and stir fry till the vegetables are done.
- Finally add pepper powder and fry for two minutes.
- Goes well with ghee rice and sambar rice.
Recipe courtesy of Usha Sriram