Delicious and hot evening snack that is made with chana dal and spices
2 cups chana dal (split bengal gram)
1 finely chopped onion
4-5 crushed green chilies
2 tablespoon finely chopped coriander
1 teaspoon garam masala
1 tablespoon gram flour
1 tablespoon cornflour
1 tablespoon ghee
Oil to deep fry
Salt to taste
1. Wash and soak dal for 2 hours in water.
2. Drain and grind dal, using little water (if necessary).
3. Heat ghee in a pan, add dal and fry for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and keep aside.
4. Add coriander, chilies, gram flour, garam masala, onion (squeeze out extra water) and salt in dal mixture. Mix roughly with hands.
5. Make a thin batter of cornflour and water.
6. Heat oil in a kadhai (for deep frying) over high heat.
7. Take small quantity of dal mixture with fingers and form small round shaped balls.
8. Dip in cornflour solution.
9. Deep fry over medium heat, till crisp and golden brown.
Cooking time: 20-30 minutes