• 75g – bitter chocolate
• 250g – Butter
• 250g – Sugar
• 5 – eggs
• 250g – flour
• 1/4 tsp – baking powder
- Grate the chocolate.
- Sieve flour and baking powder together. Mix the grated chocolate with the flour and keep aside.
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Now add 1 egg at a time to the butter – sugar mixture and keep beating till all the eggs are used up.
- Now add the flour mixture to the above mixture and fold with a wooden spoon or spatula. (Do not use a beater or a mixer as the chocolate in the flour will melt due to excessive beating).
- Put this cake mixture into paper bags and pipe into greased muffin trays.
- Bake at 180 degree Celsius in a preheated oven for 15 – 20 minutes.
- To check if the muffin is cooked insert a toothpick in the centre of the muffin. If it comes out clean, the muffins are ready. The muffins will also give a very nice aroma and be brown on top.
Recipe courtesy of Babita