Mathia is very easy to make Gujarati snacks recipe. Although, mathia is available for routine days, Diwali is incomplete without mathia. In Gujarat, everybody makes mathia at home or bring readymade from the market and celebrate their Diwali festivals. Mathia is very easy to make Diwali snacks recipe. Here is the simple and easy to make Mathia recipe which is very helpful to you to make these Diwali snacks at home. Enjoy.
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
Servings: 4 Persons
– 2 cup math dal flour
– 1 cup urad dal flour
– 5-6 green chilies
– Salt to taste
– 1 tablespoon sugar
– 1 tablespoon carom seeds (ajwain)
– 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
– 1 tablespoon red chili powder
– Oil for frying
How To Cook?
1. In a mixture make add green chilies and make a paste of it.
2. Now, in a pot add 1 cup water, salt and green chilies and boil it for 5-6 minutes. Remove it from heat and keep it aside.
3. In the same pot, add another 1 cup water and sugar and boil it for 2-3 minutes. Keep it aside.
4. Now, mix urad dal flour and muth dal flour and add both kind of boiled water, carom seeds, red chili powder, white chili powder, turmeric powder, sugar and salt into mixed flour and make a tough dough from it. Knead the dough well.
5. Now make a small balls from the dough.
6. Take a dough balls and roll out in medium sized round shaped thin puris.
7. Repat the procedure for all the dough balls.
8. Now, heat an oil in a frying pan and fry the mathias on MEDIUM heat.
9. fry the mathias till it turns golden brown in color.
10. Mathia is ready to serve. You can also store it in airtight container for 10-15 days.
Gujarati And Cookbook