• 5lb – corned Beef brisket
• 1 – large Onion with 6 Cloves embedded
• 6 – peeled and sliced Carrots
• 8 – potatoes, peeled, and cubed
• Some dried Thyme
• 1 bunch – Parsley
• 2 heads – cabbage, quartered
• black pepper
• Sauce: 1/2 pint – whipping Cream
• 3 tbsp – prepared horseradish
- Boil the beef, onion, carrots, potatoes, thyme, and parsley in a pot of water. Simmer and cook for 3 hours.
- Remove sediment and add the thyme and parsley.
- Add the cabbage and simmer for another 20 minutes or until the cabbage is cooked.
- Remove the meat and divide into pieces.
- Remove and season the cabbage heavily with black pepper.
- On a large plate, surround the beef with the cabbage, carrots, and potatoes.
- Prepare the horseradish sauce by whipping the cream and adding to the horseradish.
Recipe courtesy of Sify Bawarchi