• 20 Green chillies
• 2 tsp – urad dhal
• 1 tsp – Methi seeds
• 1 tsp – Tamarind paste
• Salt to taste
• 1/2 tsp – Mustard Seeds
• a pinch – Asafoetida powder
• A little oil to fry
• A little Jaggery
- Heat the oil and put the urad dhal and methi seeds.
- As soon as it splits, put the green chillies and fry all till the skin of green chillies changes. Allow it to cool for some time.
- Then mix the tamarind paste in water and put the above fried items with a little salt and asafoetida powder in a mixer and blend together.
- Then heat the pan with 1/4 cup of oil and add mustard seeds. As soon as it splits, put inside the blended mixture and allow it to bring to a boil on medium heat.
- To this, add a little jaggery and heat the mixture until all the oil dries up.
Recipe courtesy of Sify Bawarchi