• Carnation Milk powder – 2 cups
• Pancake mix (Bisquick brand)
• Heavy whipping Cream (just enough to make the dough)
• Vanilla essence – a few drops
• Oil for frying
• For the Syrup:
• Sugar – 4 cups
• Water – 2 cups
• Cardamom powder – a little
- Mix milk powder with the pancake mix, using the heavy cream to make a soft dough.
- Use the dough to make about 40 balls.
- Gently roll the dough between your palms, using a little ghee, to make the balls.
- Take enough oil to deep fry (first heat on high and then reduce flame to medium) and gently slip the balls into the oil of the frying pan.
- The balls should be fried very slowly in medium flame until they become golden in colour.
- Mix sugar to water and heat on medium flame until sugar gets dissolved. Keep the flame very low.
- Add the fried jamun directly into the syrup.
- Boil the syrup for just 2 or 3 minutes in medium flame.
- Add the cardamom powder.
Recipe courtesy of Suthandra