Today I am going to share one of the best snacks “Egg in a biscuit”. It is an American cuisine. It is just like biscuit sandwich still different snack recipe. From the outside it may not be much to look but when the fluffy cheddar and chive biscuit parts a soft boiled egg comes out with the molten gold core. This amazingly magical biscuit is perfect for the breakfast. At the first bite of the biscuit give you a buttery and crumbly surprise and this was a pretty good start. And the second bite gives you a hard boil egg with melted yolk at the center that just amazing experience to taste this heavenly good biscuit!
– 130 gm all-purpose flour
– 15 gm granulated sugar
– 7.5 gm baking powder
– 3 gm baking soda
– 3 gm salt
– 28.5 gm cultured unsalted butter, chilled andamp; cut into ? inch cubes
– 30 gm white cheddar, cut into ? inch cubes
– 2 tablespoons chopped chives
– 2/3 Cup plain yogurt, whisked
– 4 eggs, soft boiled
How To Cook?
1. Adjust the oven rack to the middle position and preheat to 245 C (475 F).
2. Line the baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. In a food processor, Place the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Combine them well.
4. Now, put the butter over flour evenly and pulse 1 full second at a time until the mixture resembles gravel.
5. Add the cheese and pulse again for a few more times to break up the cheese, but be sure to leave some small chunks.
6. Transfer this mixture to a bowl and stir in the chives.
7. Add the yogurt to the flour mixture and stir gently until just combined. Be careful not to over-mix.
8. Now, quickly pour 4 small circle of batter down on the parchment paper and top each one with an egg standing upright. Cover the egg with the remaining batter and place the sheet into the pre-heated oven.
9. Bake this biscuit for 4-5 minutes and then turn down the heat to 200 C (400 F) and bake for another 7-10 minutes or until the biscuits are golden brown.
10. Transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely or you can serve it hot.
Preparation Time: 5 Minutes
Cooking Time: 10-15 Minutes