• 1 cup – Wheat flour
• 1/2 cup – fine Rawa
• 3 tbsp – Almond powder
• 1/2 cup – powdered Sugar
• 1/2 cup – solidified Ghee
• 1/4 cup – Chironji
• 1/4 cup – chopped cashews
• 1 tsp – Cardamom powder
- Add sugar to ghee. Beat the mixture till fluffy and light
- Fold in flour, rawa, almond powder and cardamom till well mixed.
- Sprinkle some milk if dough seems too dry to hold.
- Mix with a light hand.
- Do not knead too much or make dough gooey.
- Coarse dough will make better and lighter cookies.
- Shape in to small rounds, arrange on baking sheet.
- Press a cashew bit and two chironjis on each cookie in the centre.
- Bake at 160 degrees C for 10 mins
- Switch off the oven and let the cookies stand in oven for another 10 mins
- Remove, cool on a wire mesh or rack till completely cooled
Recipe courtesy of Saroj Kering