• 500 g – fish fillets (cleaned, cut into 1.5cubes, washed and pat dried)
• 2 Onions ( finely chopped)
• 1 tsp – Ginger Garlic paste
• 1/2 cup – thick Curd (beaten)
• 1 tsp – Red Chilli powder
• 1/2 tsp – Garam Masala powder
• 2 tbsp – oil (for sauteing the onions)
• 1.5 tbsp – oil (for basting the fish pieces)
• salt to taste
- Marinate the fish pieces in salt, ginger-garlic paste, and powdered spices to the fish pieces. Keep aside for 30 minutes.
- In a pan, fry the onions until brown. Cool and crush them.
- Add these crushed onions to the well-beaten curd along with the fish pieces. Marinate for 40-45 minutes.
- Thread the fish pieces onto skewers and grill at 160 degree C in a pre-heated oven till done, basting with little oil when turning sides.
- Remove gently when done.
- Serve hot garnished with lemon wedges and onion slices.
Recipe courtesy of Anita Raheja