• 1.5 kg – Pomfret fish
• 1.5 bunch Fenugreek leaves
• few sprigs each – mint, coriander, Spinach and fresh Garlic (with stems)
• 1 Onion
• 3 Tomatoes (large)
• 5 to 6 Green chillies
• 2 tbsp – oil
• 1 tbsp – water
• salt to taste
- Blanch the tomatoes and remove the skin.
- Mix together the fenugreek leaves, mint, coriander, spinach and fresh garlic sprigs, onions, green chillies, salt and a little water.
- Grind to a paste. Cut pomfret into long slices.
- Clean them and apply a little salt.
- Rub the paste well into the pieces and keep aside for 2 to 4 hours.
- Light the barbecue fire and place the grill above it.
- Brush the fish pieces with oil after lifting them from the marinade mixture and place them on the grill.
- When the side facing the fire has become brown, turn the pieces over and cook the other side after brushing with oil.