• 20 thick slices of bread
• 1/3 cup – Mint and coriander chutney
• 550 g – mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
• plain flour for dusting
• 3 eggs, beaten
• 1 cup – dried breadcrumbs
• Oil for frying
• Tomato ketchup
- Remove the crusts from bread and cut bread into squares.
- Slice the cheese thinly and cut into squares much smaller than the bread squares.
- Spread chutney on half the quantity of bread squares.
- Place a slice of mozzarella cheese on top and then finish with another bread square.
- Heat oil in a frying pan.
- Dust each prepared bread square with plain flour, dip into the beaten eggs and coat it with breadcrumbs.
- Deep fry cheese squares in hot oil until squares are golden in colour.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup