• 1 Kg – Green Mango | 1/4 Kg – Ginger Garlic
• 1/4 Kg – Salt
• 1/4 Kg – Red Chilli powder
• 1/4 Kg – Til /Sesame Oil
- Cut the mangoes into pieces (the size of half a lemon), clean them with a dry cloth and put aside.
- Clean the ginger and garlic and make a fine paste.
- In a big vessel put the mango pieces, salt, red chilli powder, ginger garlic paste and mix well.
- In a kadai, heat 100 gm oil and put 1/2 tsp mustard, 1/2 tsp jeera and 1/2 tsp methi.
- As the seasoning starts to splutter, take off heat and cool it.
- Heat a vessel for few minutes till it becomes really hot and switch off the stove.
- Pour the remaining 400 gm of oil into the vessel and allow the oil to cool in the vessel.
- Do not heat the oil in the vessel.
- Clean a glass bottle and dry it completely.
- Put all the ingredients in (the oil must have cooled down completely) and mins well with a wooden spoon.
- Close the lid tightly and keep aside for about 2-3 days.
- The pickle can be used as and when required.
Recipe courtesy of Abhilash