Yummy Pasta made with grilled vegetables and herbs
2 1/4 cups dried pasta (penne or rigatoni or fusilli)
12 ripe tomatoes
2 medium onions, peeled
2 medium sized capsicums
1 red chilli, chopped
8 chopped black olives
1 cup chopped fresh parsley and basil
2 teaspoon minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon black pepper powder
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
Grated parmesan cheese for garnishing
6 tablespoons olive oil
Salt to taste
1. Cut tomatoes, onions and capsicum into two halves, grease them with olive oil and grill them in an oven or over medium heat until brown and tender.
2. Coarsely chop the grilled vegetables and keep aside.
3. Boil pasta in lightly salted water for 8 to 10 minutes or until done. Drain and keep aside.
4. Heat the remaining olive oil in a pan, add garlic, red chilli, parsley and basil, olives and seasonings.
5. Add pasta and the chopped grilled vegetables and cook for two minutes over medium heat.
6. Garnish with grated cheese and red pepper flakes and serve hot.