Wonderful summertime spaghetti made with vegetables and tomatoes in Italian herbs
2 1/4 cups spaghetti
2 1/4 cups chopped tomatoes
1 medium chopped onion
6 chopped green or black pitted olives
2 teaspoon minced garlic
1/3 cup fresh parsley
2 tablespoon fresh basil
3 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
1/2 teaspoon black pepper powder
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar or white vinegar
1 teaspoon oregano powdered herb
Grated parmesan cheese for garnishing
1/2 cup olive oil
Salt to taste
1. Mix together tomatoes, onion, olives, garlic, parsley, basil, red pepper flakes and oregano. Drizzle vinegar and 1 tablespoon olive oil on the mixture. Mix well and keep aside for at least 6 hours.
2. Now boil spaghetti in lightly salted water for 8 to 10 minutes or until done. Drain and keep aside.
3. Heat the remaining olive oil in a pan, add the kept tomato sauce and saute for about 3-4 minutes.
4. Add drained spaghetti and season with salt and pepper. Mix well.
5. Garnish with cheese and serve hot.