Delicious Pasta in creamy mushroom garlic sauce
2 1/4 cups dried pasta (penne or rigatoni or fusilli)
2 1/4 cups coarsely chopped small mushrooms
4 large coarsely chopped garlic cloves
1 cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
1 finely chopped red chilli pepper (optional)
1/4 cup chopped parsley
Grated cheese for garnishing
4 tablespoons of olive oil
Salt to taste
1. Boil pasta in lightly salted water for 8 to 10 minutes or until done. Drain and keep aside.
2. Preheat oven to 400°F (unless preparing in advance).
3. Place garlic in an ovenproof bowl, drizzle one tablespoon olive oil over the garlic and roast for 30 minutes or until tender, turning the heads every 10 minutes. Remove and keep aside.
4. In a medium pot heat the remaining olive oil, add mushrooms and cook until they are soft and light brown, for about 8-10 minutes.
5. Add red chilli pepper, roasted garlic and cook for a minute.
6. Add cream mix well, stirring continuously until slightly thickened.
7. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
8. Add boiled pasta and stir over medium heat for a minute.
9. Sprinkle chopped parsley.
10. Garnish with grated cheese and serve hot.