• 1 cup Beaten Rice (avalakki)
• 1/2 cup Tamarind juice
• Small piece of Jaggery
• 1 tsp rasam powder
• A pinch of Turmeric powder
• 2 tsp sesame seeds
• Salt to Taste
• For Seasoning:
• 1 tbsp oil
• 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
• 1 tsp Peanuts
• A sprig of Curry leaves
- Dry grind the beaten rice coarsely and keep it separately in a bowl.
- In another mixing bowl, mix together tamarind juice, jaggery, turmeric powder, rasam powder, salt.
- To this mixture, add the coarsely ground beaten rice and mix well.
- Allow this mixture to soak for 1/2 hr to 45 mins.
- Then, take a kadai and heat the oil.
- Add peanuts, curry leaves and mustard seeds to the oil.
- When the mustard seeds pop, remove from the stove and add it to the beaten rice mixture.
- Finally, dry fry the sesame seeds for 2 mins and dry grind the same to a fine powder.
- Add this sesame powder to the mixture and mix well.
- This dish can be served.
Recipe courtesy of Sify Bawarchi