Healthy and spicy Indori poha, apt for breakfast
2 cups poha or chiwda (flaked, beaten rice)
1 teaspoon mustard seeds
1/4 teaspoon saunf (fennel seeds)
2 chopped green chilies
1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder (optional)
1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 teaspoon sugar (or to taste)
2 tablespoon Indori bhujiya (sev)
Chopped onion and coriander leaves for garnishing
1 tablespoon oil
Salt to taste
1. Wash poha thoroughly with water, drain and keep aside until soft, for about 10-15 minutes.
2. Add salt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, lemon juice and sugar in poha and mix well. Keep aside.
3. Now heat oil in a kadhai or pan, add mustard seeds, fennel seeds and allow it to crackle.
4. Add green chilies and saute for a minute. Reduce heat to low.
5. Now add the poha mixture in the pan and stir well for 2 minutes.
6. Cover the kadhai with a lid for 2-3 minutes.
7. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and onion.
8. Sprinkle Indori bhujiya on top and serve hot.
Cooking time: 10-15 minutes