• 300 g – Karela
• 100 g – Green chillies
• 1/4 tsp – Haldi
• 1 tsp – mustard powder
• 1 tsp – Mustard Seeds
• 1 tblsp – salt
• 5 tblsp -oil
• Juice of 2 limes
- Wash the karela, peel the outer skin, wipe & cut into roundels.
- Pat dry with clean cloth.
- Wash, wipe and cut chillies vertically (each into fours).
- Mix karela, chillies, haldi, mustard powder, salt and lime juice.
- Mix well and keep aside.
- Heat oil to smoking point.
- Reduce heat and add mustard seeds till they crackle.
- Remove from fire.
- When the oil becomes cool, pour it over pickle mix, mix thoroughly and bottle.
- Keep the bottle in sun light for 2-3 days.
- Its great with curd rice/ pongal/ upma.
- It stays for 2-3 weeks if kept in fridge.
Recipe courtesy of Uma Devi Ramachandra