• 15 to 20 – khajurs (dates)
• 3 – medium sized tomato, cut into small pieces
• 2 – green chillies, chopped into pieces
• 1 – small onion, cut into pieces
• 1inch piece – Ginger grated
• 1 tsp – punch phutana ( panch phoran)
• 50 gm – Jaggery (gud)
• 1/4 tsp – Turmeric powder
• 2 tsp – oil
• some Coriander leaves
• salt to taste
- Heat a frying pan in medium heat and then add the oil.
- Add the punch-phutana and let them splutter.
- Then fry the cut onions for 2 minutes.
- Then add the grated ginger and green chillies and fry for another minute.
- Add tomato, turmeric powder, salt, dates, jaggery and mix it properly.
- Add a little water and leave it until tomato is cooked properly and gravy is thick.
- Add the cut coriander leaves and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Amita Mishra