• 1 bunch – Methi leaves
• a few Spinach leaves
• 2-3 – Green chillies (grind to a paste)
• 1 tbsp – Ghee or oil
• Ghee or oil for frying
• 3 cups – Wheat flour
• Salt to taste
- Grind methi, chillies and spinach, and mix with wheat flour. Add ghee or oil.
- Knead the flour with ground methi and spinach.
- If required, add some water to make the right consistency.
- Cover and leave aside for 10 mins.
- Dust with flour, make balls with the flour, flatten each ball on a light floured surface.
- Roll about 3 inches in diameter.
- Smear a little oil or ghee and fold and roll again to about 6 inches diameter.
- Cook on both the sides.
- When brown spots appear, smear ghee or oil on the paratha and shallow fry.