• Bitter gourd (karela) – 2
• Green chillies –
• Grated Coconut – 1/2 cup
• Mustard – 1 tsp
• Curd – 1/2 cup
• Curry leaves – few
- Finely chop the karela. Add salt and remove the excess water.
- Put oil in kadai and fry karela till golden brown. Allow it to cool.
- Make a paste of grated coconut, green chillies and 1/2 tsp mustard.
- Add the paste and curd to the fried karela and mix well.
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter 1/2 tsp mustard and curry leaves and pour into the chutney.
- Goes well with rice and chapattis.
Recipe courtesy of Sify Bawarchi