• 2 – eggs, beaten.
• 1 cup – all purpose flour.
• 1 tbsp and 1 tsp – white sugar.
• 1/3 cup – butter, chilled.
• 2 tbsp and 2 tsp – ice water.
• 1/2 cup – light Corn syrup.
• 1 tbsp and 1 tsp – dark Corn syrup.
• 1/2 cup – light brown sugar.
• 2 tbsp – butter, melted.
• 1/3 cup – pecans, finely crushed.
• 2/3 cup – pecans, quartered.
• 2/3 cup – Pecan halves.
• 1/2 tsp – salt.
- To make crust:
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, salt and white sugar.
- Cut butter into flour mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- Gradually sprinkle the water over the dry mixture, stirring until dough comes together enough to form a ball.
- On a floured surface flatten dough ball with rolling pin.
- Roll out into a circle that is one inch larger than pie dish.
- Place pie shell into dish and refrigerate until pie filling is complete.
- To make pie filling:
- In a medium bowl, mix together eggs, light and dark corn syrups, brown sugar, butter, salt and finely crushed pecans.
- Spread quartered pecans over bottom of refrigerated pie crust.
- Pour syrup mixture over top of pecans, then arrange pecan halves on top of pie.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) oven for one hour or until firm.
- Let cool for one hour before serving.
Recipe courtesy of Bramaramba Chandrashekar