• Ripe Mango – 2
• Thick curds – 2 cups
• Coconut grated – 3/4 cup
• Red Chillies – 3
• Green chillies – 2 (slit)
• Cumin seeds-1 tsp
• Oil – 2 tsps
• Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
• Fenugreek seeds – 1 tsp
• Salt and Jaggery to taste
- Cut ripe mangoes and steam for 5 minutes with the seeds.
- Once cooled, squeeze out as much juice as possible.
- Add 1/2 cup water and simmer on low heat for 5-7 minutes with 1/2 tsp turmeric powder and salt.
- Grind together coconut, red chillies and cumin seeds to a smooth paste.
- Beat the curds and blend with half of the ground paste.
- Add the remaining paste to the simmering mango kadi. Mix well and continue to simmer.
- Add 1 tsp jaggery and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Take off heat and slowly add the curd-paste mixture and stir.
- On a low flame, simmer the kadi for 3 minutes. Take off heat.
- In a kadai heat oil and add mustard and fenugreek seeds.
- Once they splutter, add it to the mango kadi and serve hot with rice and pappads.
Recipe courtesy of Sumathy