Ker ki Sangri is a Rajasthani preparation made with spices, dried beans and berries
1/4 cup dried berries (ker)
1/2 cup dried beans (sangri)
5-6 dried pieces of mango (chuhara)
5 – 6 whole dry red chilies
1 teaspoon mustard seeds (powdered)
2 teaspoon coriander powder
1 teaspoon red chilli powder
2 teaspoon mango powder (amchur powder)
1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
4 teaspoon yogurt
2 tablespoon oil
Salt to taste
1. Soak the berries, dried mango pieces and the dried beans in beaten yogurt and keep it overnight.
2. Boil for 15-20 minutes in water, drain and keep aside.
3. Mix mustard seeds powder, coriander powder, red chilli powder, amchur powder and salt in the boiled ker sangri.
4. Heat oil in a kadhai, add whole red chilies and turmeric powder.
5. Add the ker sangri mixture and fry well for about 8-10 minutes, until the masala is well fried and sengri is done.
6. Garnish with fried whole red chilies.
Cooking time: 25-30 minutes