• 250 g – maida, for the dough
• 500 g – minced lamb Meat
• 200 g – large onions, chopped finely
• 1 tbsp – Ghee /oil
• 2 tsp – ajinomoto
• Salt – to taste
• For Tomato chutney:
• 150 g – boiled Tomatoes
• 8 flakes – Garlic
• 6 – Green chillies
• Salt to taste
- Knead the dough and keep it aside covered with a moist cloth.
- Add all the ingredients listed above and keep aside.
- Roll out the dough very thin and make into small/medium sized circles.
- Fill a little of the filling in each of these and fold over by binding the edges with little water.
- Shape it in the form of dumplings or the shape you prefer, but see to it that the sides are all bonded well.
- Put each of these in the steamer without sticking to each other.
- After 15 mins, remove them from the steamer and serve hot with tomato chutney.
- Method for chutney: Peel out the skin of the tomatoes. Grind all the ingredients into a smooth paste.
- Serve the momos hot with chutney.
Recipe courtesy of Shanti Naresh