• 1.5 cups Dhania seeds(coriander seeds)
• 3/4 cups split Chana dal
• 3/4 cups split Urad Dal
• 1/2 cup Toor Dal
• 1/4 cup (uncooked) Rice
• 1 tbsp Jeera seeds
• 1/2 cup dry Coconut powder
- Dry roast dhania seeds, jeera seeds and coconut powder on a low fire until the coconut powder turns medium brown. Keep this aside.
- Dry roast the rest of the ingredients until the chana dal turns light brown.
- Now, mix all the ingredients and allow them to cool.
- Grind them into a fine powder. Store it in an air-tight container. It stays fresh for one month. This can be used as sambar masala.
Recipe courtesy of Raghavendra kulkarni