• 3 Cups – Fresh Shelled Prawns
• 1 Cup – Vinegar
• 5 Large – Onions (Minced)
• A Few Curry leaves
• 1/2 cup – Mustard oil Or Any Vegetable
• Salt To Taste
• Grind to a paste-
• 12 Cloves – Garlic
• 12 – Dry Chillies
- Skin & Remove the heads from the prawns & also remove the back veins . Wash well in salt water & drain dry
- Mix with turmeric powder & keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Now heat some oil in a pan & fry the Prawns crisp with some Salt.
- Remove the Prawns from fire & Keep aside
- Pour the mustard oil in a pan now & allow it to become hot.
- Fry the onions until golden brown & add the ground paste masala to the onions & fry for few minutes ,then add curry leaves & the vinegar slowly.
- When the vinegar starts to bubble ,add the prawns & Salt to taste.
- Turn down the fire & allow the prawns to simmer until the mixture is dry.
- Remove from the fire & allow it to cool completely.
- Store in a glass jar in the refrigerator until required.
Recipe courtesy of Shanti Naresh